Wednesday, September 05, 2007

And I'm leaning on this broken fence between Past and Present tense

So this past weekend has been insane. Busy is an understatement, stressed isn't the proper word, aggravated doesn't fit either, annoyed, sick...maybe. I guess it’s a combination of the above. I’ve been sick lately and haven’t been able to fight the cold and cough just yet. I refuse to fill out the prescription the doctor gave me, it’s pointless, I know it’ll eventually go away.

I spent my two days off Wednesday/Thursday helping my friend Melanie get ready for her wedding. I stayed at her house, watched her 3 year old daughter, went to her dress fitting with her etc... it was fun. IF I ever get married... I don't know if I'd have a big wedding. They are ridiculously expensive and the stress of planning it all just doesn't seem worth it to me. I'd rather just get all my friends and go to some tropical resort and make it quick and painless; like how Dom and Justin did it. Her wedding Friday was fantastic and she looked absolutely beautiful. All my friends are getting married. Wow. I feel old.
Pictures of Melanie's wedding here.
EDIT I Put the wrong link: here is the right link...

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=50486&l=21ec3&id=711000084



Wednesday evening and Saturday and Sunday all day... I attended and passed the mb motorcycle safety course. I have my bike license and now I can officially ride a motorcycle...on my own. Although I think I'm sticking to the back seat for awhile yet. Not to mention winter is just around the corner. I think for now I'll be doing a lot more horseback riding.

Monday morning my little sister Tina came back, boy was I excited, it was hard not to cry when she came down the escalator. I love having her around so much, I'm so happy she's home. Monday night I attempted tennis with my sister. Let me say, I love watching the US open on TV; unfortunately I am officially the worst tennis player in the world. It was really quite discouraging to be honest. I am so uncoordinated it wasn't even funny. My sister goes "you're not just bad, you're terrible". I've never been good at sports but I honestly did not think I would be as bad as I was. I'm not exaggerating either, its quite embarrassing how bad I am to be honest. A co-worker at work wants to teach me how to play, and as much as I'd like to, I think I'm a lost cause. I think I'll just stick to throwing the tennis ball for my dogs instead.

Tuesday night, after work, I took Tina riding. She doesn't ride at all...but boy she can hold her own so well. We were cantering and galloping pretty much the whole time and she did so well. She even kept her lazy horse 'Cash' going...

Today is the first day of classes; I just finished two classes and am now waiting for my third and last class to start. I'm taking social psych, developmental psych and ethics in criminal justice. School is always fun for the first few days, but I know as time goes by I'm going to be counting down the days till its over and I can finally graduate. I'm glad these will be my final three classes and I'll be done with school for good...Unless I decide to continue and take my masters, that’s something I'm still thinking about.

Pictures of stacey and my trail ride last saturday here: we packed lunches and rode all day. It was a blast.
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=48749&l=c3454&id=711000084

2 Comments:

Blogger jerms said...

tennis is so sweet. federer just won. and nadal lost yesterday. doesnt get much better than that!

9:52 PM  
Blogger lionamelie said...

I know. tennis is sweet. but apparently I'm destined not to play. I'm seriously the worst player ever, and thats not an exaggeration. I expected more from myself but was super dissapointed. I've been watching the US open too, thanks for the udpate, I missed it last night since I was at work.

2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home