Tuesday, December 25, 2007

you already know how this will end

I'm staying in greenpoint brooklyn, a block away from the water and a minute away from the ever so trendy Williamsburg. Williamsburg is where all the hipsters live. And by hipsters I mean kids who dress like bums but are actually rich spoiled kids whose parents pay for them to live in 3000-4000$ apartments. We've spent alot of time in Williamsburg. Lots of cute little pubs and bars and really good places to eat. Yesterday we went to union square, but before that we ate at the lodge in williamsburg. If you are ever in williamsburg GO THERE. Best food I've had so far. Although there are so many good places to eat its ridiculous. It's bar after bar, pub after pub, one right after the other, sometimes you don't even know they are there because they are in the basement with no sign on them whatsoever. We hit about 8 bars last night all over new york, from the city to manhattan to all over brooklyn. The bars are so neat, some have swings, some have hammocks, others have sand all over the ground and some have dead animals all over the walls. We ended at Hugs in Williamsburg where Benny works. It's a nice place and after making christmas dinner tonight with Noah we're going to go there as Ben has to work there tonight. Which means we're getting drunk on christmas; which is not any different from the minute I got here though. Bars are open till 4am here which means I never really get to bed till 5 or 6am. My sleeping patterns are going to be totally messed up, but I don't care, I'm having the time of my life. 

Oh yes I cannot forget how pet friendly it is here. Which is probably the main reason why I should be living here. Yesterday I saw a boxer in one bar, a rottweiler in another and a deformed terrier hopping around another bar, this terrier was even sitting on the bar for most of the night. I love pet friendly places, its a breath of fresh air from the not pet friendly city I live in. 

last but not least please listen to this song "how it ends" by DeVotchKa if you get a chance, It is probably the saddest song you will ever hear, but also the greatest, you will not regret it. Seriously, download it. 

I don't wanna leave. MERRY FUCKING CHRISTMAS!

1 Comments:

Blogger lionamelie said...

wow spam on blogspot? crazy.

6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home