Sunday, December 23, 2007

first day in new york city

So I can see why people love this city. I've only been here a day and I already wish I lived here. There are so many things to do its overwhelming. The people here are surprisingly exceptionally nice. Maybe its cause I'm from "Canadia" but they have all been so nice. 
I didn't think I'd be drinking alot but of course thats changed. I arrived at 10am, went for brunch at around noon, then went to a bar right by Benji's apartment, got loaded and then passed out. I haven't drank in like two months so I am once again a lightweight. The apartments here are so neat, its like the movies. The one I'm staying in is a huge loft apartment. It's doesn't look like an apartment building from the outside. The door is painted blue with graffiti all over it. But inside the apartment is pretty sweet, its super open and they have these makeshift walls for the bedrooms. You can go on the roof, and in the summertime apparently they put a pool out there. I can't believe the amount in rent people pay here, this place is like 3200 a month. Its crazy. Anyway after my nap I got up, got dressed, went out and proceeded to drink some more. First we went to this awesome german pub where they serve these gigantic mugs of beer. Then we went to a house party and then to another bar across the williamsburg bridge called St. Jerome's. The bars here in brooklyn are like holes in the wall and there are so many of them if I didn't know someone from here I wouldn't know where to begin. The bartenders, guys and girls both, I swear looked younger than 21, but they were so adorable and sweet. One of the bartenders had lived in as he called it "the second most god forsaken province in canada" which was saskatchewan. He said mantioba was the first. I argued with him unsuccessfully. I guess he had lived in Saskatoon for some teacher exchange program. We closed down the bar and left around 4am. It was raining on the cab ride/walk home. Anything is better than snow. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home