Sunday, December 02, 2007

interesting trail ride today

imagine a 1400 lb animal freaking out, you're caught between the animal and a horse trailer wall, there's no where to go. the horse is bashing you against the trailer door and will not stop freaking out until she finally breaks free from her halter...

that was me today. i decided to go for a ride with john and stacey, Tia freaked out when i was untrailering her, she was smashing me against the trailer. luckily john pulled me out in time. i collapsed to the ground. i felt like i was going to pass out. i couldnt see anything for awhile and it felt like my head had just gone through the grinder. i finally gained my composure and we still went riding.we're diehards. it was -25 with the windchill.

i have a huge lump on one side of my head from being hit against the trailer wall, the other side of my head is sore and throbbing in pain from being smashed over and over again by a huge animal. she didnt do it out of spite towards me, she was scared and didnt realize i was there, the only thing she was thinking of was getting free. horses can be silly at times.

my jaw hurts, my head hurts, it hurts to speak and to lie down on both sides of my head. i popped lots of tylenol.

after that we had a great ride, got stalked by a crazy skiier, and did lots of galloping. i still love my horse. alot.

3 Comments:

Blogger jerms said...

ouch. glad you are okay...(a bike would never do that to you, just so you know.)

2:41 PM  
Blogger lionamelie said...

thanks Jeremy. It was rough today. I called in sick and went to the doctor. I thought it was just my head that was injured, turned out my shoulder is messed up as well as my right hip. oh well, it'll be ok.

7:40 PM  
Blogger Jessie said...

shoot.
that is scary stuff!
i'm glad you're ok too.

10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home