Thursday, December 31, 2009

In melbourne.

So this past week I've been in Christchurch New Zealand. Spent a day in Kaikoura and Hanmer springs. There are wild seals everywhere in Kaikoura. I got real close to one, but then he roared at me, so I booked it. They can be so cute and so damn scary at the same time. On new years eve I flew to melbourne. I arrived here yesterday as it is actually Jan 1st here in Australia. When I arrived here yesterday, it was +36. Unreal! I'm currently sharing a house with 6 people. I feel like I'm on an episode of the real world. The housemates are pretty awesome though and there are actually three canadians in the house. So counting me there are 4 canadians, one guy from wales and an australian. Another person is coming monday, should be interesting. I'll be here for a week and then I'm off to St.Kilda for a bit. Yesterday I spent new years, in the pouring rain, at federation square not far from melbourne central. It was absolutely nuts. People everywhere. Everyone gets wasted off wine/goon, its hilarious. There were fireworks going off the tops of every building including federation square. The architecture of that place is amazing. Yesterday I went grocery shopping and was extremely appalled at how expensive everything is. Eggs were like 6$ a carton. By the way, they don't refridgerate their eggs, they have them in an isle right beside the cleaning supplies. Weird huh?

Anyway, I'm off to the mall to get a cell phone and open a bank account so I can get a job.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home